The Canon de 155 Grand Puissance Filloux was first used in 1917. It was also manufactured in the USA from 1917, and used by the United States Army and United States Marine Corps as their primary heavy artillery gun under the designation 155mm Gun M1917 or M1918 until 1942, when it was gradually replaced by the 155 mm M1A1 ‘Long Tom’.
Large numbers were taken over by the Germans in 1940, where is became known as the 15.5cm K418(f). These were used by some of the Eastern front allies, Finland for example used a battalion of 12 in one of their heavy artillery regiments.
Some were also used by Polish troops in the 1943 Italian Campaign.
Supplied with crew